Thursday, October 15, 2009

Whole Wheat (whole grain!) bread






So, I find myself devoid of a boyfriend. Finally only working one real job and in need of a hobby. As such, I'm posting again on this blog because 1.) I love Ashleigh 2.) I love baking 3.) I hate boredom!

So, this really easy, really healthy bread is amazing. My directions:

1 packet yeast
1 1/3 c. lukewarm water
1 tbs. vegetable oil
3 tbs. almond oil
2 tablespoons organic raw sugar
3 c. King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/3 c. flaxseed meal

- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix and then knead until dough is smooth .


Let rise in a warm dry place until double in bulk. (I like to cover with a warm damp towel).



- Shape the dough into a bread pan. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise until it comes 1" over the top of the pan. (I'm impatient and couldn't wait this long.. Mine was double in bulk.).

- Remove plastic wrap and bake until the bread is double in cooked through. Approximately 35 minutes at 350. You know its finished when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

I ate mine with pumpkin butter because its fall and its amazing...

1 comment:

Ash said...

Muffin! You are amazing - I love you bread - complete with pictures! So proud... miss you madly. Come to T.O.