Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Muffin Tops




These technically are not muffin tops - but that is what they taste like. They feel like total breakfast food, not cookies at all.

Preheat oven to 325F. Yesterday I pulled a blond move and turned the timer on, but not the oven. Then I couldn't figure out why my cookies were not baking.

Anyways, sift together and set aside:
2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Beat together using a mixer:
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups brown sugar

Once combined and smooth add:
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree

Then add the four mixture into the wet mixture and combine until smooth. Then I placed it into a piping bag and piped out round cookies about 2 inches wide.

Bake for 15 min, let cool.



Kris - the only reason I am letting you get away with the butternut squash on our blog is because you have the word "baked" in the title. LOL.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Lol-- I know I know but my next post involves oatmeal apple cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are definitely baked.

If I eat enough of these pumokin muffin tops will I get a muffin top?

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.