Monday, February 11, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

So I know that I promised to make cupcakes but like Ash's challah bread, I simply didn't have time. I did, however, have time to make the best cookies I have ever made in my life which is saying a lot because I've made a lot of cookies.

I meant to take pictures but they were eaten before I had time to find the camera! However, they are a stunning deep rich chocolate cookie and they taste like brownies!

Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies


1/3 c. all-purpose flour

1/3 teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

9.7 ounces very nice chocolate (99% unsweetened chocolate) (Melt 6 ounces and use remainder to cut into small chunks)

¼ cup unsalted butter

1 1/3 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon ground coffee

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.

In a double boiler, melt the butter and 6 ounces of the chocolate over simmering water. Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.

In the meantime, mix together eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla by hand fast for ten minutes. Stop when mixture looks thick.

Slowly add the warm butter and chocolate mixture and mix at a reduced speed.

Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chunks.

Drop onto lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes turning halfway through completely around. Be sure not to over bake.

Makes about 24 2-3 inch chewy cookies. Can keep two days at room temperature or 1 month if frozen.


I can't way to see Ash- I promise we will create something unbelievable. Stay tuned!

No comments: