Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lemon Loaf








I know I still owe you Challa, but the reality is I just have not had the time I have needed to dedicate to my bread project. But along the same bread lines I made a lemon loaf - it was really enjoyable. And it got a lot of good reviews from my friends...


You don't actually use any lemon juice in the loaf itself, you use the rind instead. The juice is just used for the glaze on top.





To make the loaf I mixed together butter and sugar, added in two beaten eggs, milk and vanilla. Then I mixed in the rind of one lemon, and the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder). I put the batter into a greased bread pan and put it into the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


Once the cake was done I took it out and let it cool. While it was cooling I mixed together in a suacepan over heat the juice of one lemon and 1/4 cup sugar. I poured this over the cooled load to make a glaze and volia! Lemon Loaf!








Kristina and I are going to be together soon which means for once we will be able to blog about the creations we make together! More soon!








-Ash

No comments: