Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week 1 - Chocolate-Praline Cookies

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and two of my good friends Angie and Elle gave me a box of cookies recipes. The box contained 52 cookie recipes to be exact - enough for a new cookie recipe every week. So this has become my new goal. This week I made recipe #1 - chocolate praline cookies. They are pretty good, not my favorite but they look quite nice. Enjoy!



1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup flour
1 cup toasted pecans
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vegetable shortening

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

I mixed the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking powder together until blended. I added the flour and then the toasted nuts. I formed 2 inch round balls and baked for exactly 9 minutes.

Once the cookies were cool I melted the chocolate and shortening together in a saucepan and then drizzled the chocolate over the cookies.



Thanks for the pressie Aussies - I love it!

1 comment:

Angus said...

Why haven't I been given samples?