Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 7 - Fudge Brownies


I am not sure I agree that bars should be included in the cookies category. The 52 cookie recipes the Aussies gave me includes an entire section of bars - so I guess I have to go along with it. This recipe is really good, normally I am not a fan of brownies as they are often dry - but these are most and chewy which I love.

1/2 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
icing sugar for dusting after

In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter together. Meanwhile beat the eggs and sugar for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is a thick, pale yellow.

Once the chocolate-butter mixture has melted add it and the vanilla to the eggs/sugar and mix just until all the streaks of chocolate disappear.

Fold in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Just before serving dust with icing sugar.

No comments: