Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Week 6 - Chocolate Butter Spritz



This was the second time I have ever used my cookie press and I have to admit it is a lot of fun. It can be a little frustrating at times - I had problems making my dough stick to the pan (be sure to use an UNgreased baking sheet for these cookies). I let my brother Finlay and friend Allison pick the shapes of the cookies. These were delicious, the cocoa wasn't overpowering giving the cookies a subtle chocolate-butter flavour.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cup flour

Preheat the oven to 375 F. Beat the butter, add the icing sugar, brown sugar and cocoa and mix until combined. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and milk. Add the flour and combine.

Place the dough in a cookie press and press it through. Cookies should be about 1 inch apart. If you do not have a cookies press you can form rounded teaspoons of the dough instead.

No comments: