Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hello Dolly

I don't know what is in a typical Hello Dolly - but I made up my own recipe the other day, and everyone at work loved them. People at work are starting to make requests - I have been told that Date Squares would be nice, and the Hello Dolly's are a result of a co-workers love of coconut!

Hello Dollys
1 box of graham crackers crushed
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups coconut
1 can condensed milk
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces

I mixed the crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar together and pressed them into the bottom of a 10 x 15 glass pan. I then put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the crust was firm. I let it cool for about 10 minutes.

I then covered the crust with the pecans, followed by the chocolate chips and then poured the condensed milk over the top. This was followed by a generous sprinkling of coconut. I then put the whole pan back in the oven for about 15 minutes until the coconut was a golden brown colour and nicely toasted.

Let the bars cool for an hour and then cut them up into bars - they were fantastic!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I hate coconut and condensed milk. Please don't ever make these for me!

LOVE YOU!