Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Whole Wheat Bread

I haven't posted in awhile because I forgot how to log-in- thankfully Ash saved me and I now am able to post! Ash is pretty much my hero and she is also my pseudo-Mom. Really I would forget to put on clothes if not for her.

So I made this easy and delicious bread last week- it was so good that my friend almost cried out in delight. He did cry out later but that may have been from more than just the bread :P

Whole Wheat Bread

1 c. milk

¼ c sugar

2 tsp. salt

1 package yeast

2 c. whole wheat flour

4 c. white flour

Preheat oven to 375

Bring ½ cup water to boil; mix with milk, salt, sugar in a large bowl. Let cool.

In separate container mix ½ warm water with yeast, let stand.

Add yeast to wheat flour and two cups white flour to liquids. Beat thoroughly, turn onto floured board, add enough flour that the dough is not sticky. Kneed dough for 5 minutes, let stand for 10.

Place dough is a mixing bowl and cover with a warm towel until double in bulk. Knead dough again and divide into two halves.

Grease loaf pan and place dough in pans. Let dough rise until double in bulk again.

Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes. Cool and then take out of loaf pans. Enjoy!

No comments: