Thursday, March 20, 2008

Smashie Bars

I created my own kind of chocolate bar last night - Smashie bars.

Smashie Bars
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2c up peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3-3.5 cups marshmellow
1/2 cups toffee bits
1 cup peanuts
3 cups vanilla rice krispies

Put the corn syrup, honey, cocoa, PB and brown sugar into a saucepan and heated it until it all melted and almost came to a boil. Then I added in the marshmellows and stirred until it was all mixed together. In the meantime I put the peanuts, toffee bits and rice krispies in a bowl. I then poured the mixture from the saucepan over the dry mixture and mixed it all together. I then pressed the mixture into a greased 8x8 square cake pan and let it cool slightly. While it was cooling I melted chocolate chips and poured it over the top of the bars covering completely.

Left it to cool overnight and cut into bars.

Ok - so here is the consensus on the bars. I like the bars but they could do without the peanuts. People like them with and without - but I think they would be better without... but chocolate and nuts - people always enjoy!

Happy Easter!

No comments: