Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes




I wasn't a huge fan of this recipe. Mainly because you don't expect the cream cheese flavour when eating a cupcake. My brother ate one without knowing what ingredients were in it and thought it tasted weird. But when I told people at work that it was a cheesecake cupcake they really enjoyed it. Its funny how knowing what your eating or rather not knowing, can change your opinion of it.

Ok, so I started by preheating the oven to 350 degrees, and lining a muffin tin.

Cream cheese topping:
1 package - 250 grams - cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 vanilla extract

I beat the cream cheese until it was smooth and then added the sugar, egg and vanilla. I beat the mixture until it was creamy and smooth.

Chocolate cupcake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract

I sifted together the dry ingredients. I mixed the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar together. I then made a whole in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly poured my wet mixture in, stirring until it was smooth.

I then divided the chocolate mixture into my muffin tins - probably about 15 muffins. And then topped each of the cupcakes with the cream cheese mixture.

I baked it for about 20 minutes.

No comments: