Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lemon Alligator Cupcakes



I am in love with my alligator mould. I personally think it is so much fun. I have only used it once before and that was to make my "See you later alligator" baked good for my roomates farwell party... And that alligator got some damn good reviews.

So I decided it was time to bring the mould out again.

Cupcakes
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
8 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 superfine sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
freshly grated rind of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the butter, eggs, lemon rind, sugar and milk and mix together. Spoon the batter out and cook for 16 min.

Lemon Buttercream Icing
6 tbsp softened butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

While the cupcakes are cooling mix the butter, icing sugar and lemon together - then ice away...

No comments: