Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Easy Lemon Bars

I love lemon bars - especially this recipe which has the easiest crust ever!!!!


So I took 1/2 cup of butter and placed it in the bottom of a 9" cake pan. I preheated the oven to 350 and put the pan with the butter in it into the oven to melt (approx 5 minutes). Once the butter had melted I added a cup of flour and 1/2 cup icing sugar directly into the cake pan and mixed it together. I pressed the dough into the bottom of the pan and put it back into the oven for 15 minutes until the crust was a golden brown.


While it was baking I mixed the filling. I took 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs and beat the mixture together. I then added 2 tbsp flour, 1/2 baking powder, zest of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice and a pinch of salt. I mixed this all together, then poured it over the hot crust. Put the entire pan back in the oven and baked it for another 20 min.


When the top of the bars were golden brown I took them out of the oven and let them cool. Before serving I dusted the top of the bars with icing sugar.

So good!

Lemon Bars Crust
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar

Lemon Bars Filling
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were awesome. I enjoyed them throughly. Fin